Re: IM

От Gavin M. Roy
Тема Re: IM
Дата
Re: IM  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: IM  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-www
> Much as I hate to say it, the jabber service is almost entirely a
> CommandPrompt thing. That's not to say we don't support the idea of
> having one - just that the guys there (obviously not you) set it up
> and maintain it, whilst none of the rest of us know anything about it.
> It is documented on PMT, but unfortunately not in a particularly
> useful way (it basically says - jabber(.postgresql.org) is a jabber
> server!!).

As a suggestion, it can easily be made into a more community thing if
we used Openfire.  It's got a nice web-UI and pgsql-www people could
be made into admins who can log into said UI and more easily manage
it.  It's also got a nice built in web based jabber client (Spark)
which could be handy.  It also (optionally) uses PgSQL as a backend
for buddy list storage and the like.

Gavin