Re: Old WAL files under pg_xlog not getting delete

От Ron
Тема Re: Old WAL files under pg_xlog not getting delete
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 1/30/19 5:10 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 3:58 PM rammohan ganapavarapu
> <rammohanganap@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to understand why postgresql not removing WAL logs under pg_xlog in 9.6, below are my settings
>>
>> wal_keep_segments=500
>>
>> pg_xlog/|wc -l
>> 506
> You told PostgreSQL to keep 500 files and it has (the number kept
> apparently fluctuates a little bit).
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/wal-configuration.html

Plus the ".", ".." and archive_status directories, and lost+found if pg_xlog
is it's own partition.  That's four of the unknown six.  Add a .backup file
or two and all 506 files are accounted for.

Сообщение: Re: Old WAL files under pg_xlog not getting delete
Сообщение: Re: Old WAL files under pg_xlog not getting delete