Re: MediaWiki + PostgreSQL is not ready for production?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: MediaWiki + PostgreSQL is not ready for production?
Дата
Re: MediaWiki + PostgreSQL is not ready for production?  (Berend Tober <btober@computer.org>)
Re: MediaWiki + PostgreSQL is not ready for production?  (John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 7/18/2016 9:14 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> I found following comment for using PostgreSQL with MediaWiki:
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Compatibility#Database
>
> "Anything other than MySQL or MariaDB is not recommended for
> production use at this point."
>
> This is a sad and disappointed statement for us. Should we help
> MediaWiki community to enhance this?

the classic problem with any of these sorts of open source projects,
while you can convert the core system to postgres, there's a huge
community of contributed plugins, and many of these authors have zero
interest in anything but their default database, mysql/mariadb.   I ran
into this with Drupal, Wordpress, a couple different forum projects.
Drupal even tried to offer a database API so plugin developers wouldn't
touch SQL directly, but too many ignored it.