Re: Rolling forward to 10.1, new issue...

От Karl Denninger
Тема Re: Rolling forward to 10.1, new issue...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 1/12/2018 12:46, Keith wrote:

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 1:16 PM, Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> wrote:

On 1/11/2018 11:48, Tom Lane wrote:

Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> writes:
I'm starting to roll forward to 10.1 in a couple of places and have run
into a very odd problem -- the "pgcrypto" functions disappeared.
Maybe you forgot "CREATE EXTENSION"?
		regards, tom lane
Hmmm.... this was an upgrade from 9.6 and it *was* working there -- it's not a new install.  Wouldn't that persist across the upgrade and, when the "gmake install" was done on the contrib module wouldn't it be picked up?

I'll check that... it makes sense but I would have expected the roll-forward to work seamlessly (I used pg_upgrade, not a dump/restore.)

--
Karl Denninger
karl@denninger.net

Nope, it was originally installed into template1 and should have been inherited.

Create extension worked but I have no idea why the pg_upgrade didn't carry it forward -- I have used pg_upgrade before before (the installation in question has been around for a long time)  without incident.  The only "gotcha" I've run into with pg_upgrade before was the moving of tsearch2 into the base which led me to have a bit of fun with upgrading to 10.x.

I'll see if I can find a way to reproduce this if I can get the time to spin up a copy of the 9.6 database (this particular installation is not ridiculously large) from backups and run the upgrade again.  I popped in here because it was completely unexpected, given that the database in question had previously been running under v9 and had stored passwords encrypted with the functions in the table.  As soon as it was upgraded verification broke since the extension disappeared.

--
Karl Denninger
karl@denninger.net
The Market Ticker