Re: Set maintenance work mem for pg_restore

От Deron
Тема Re: Set maintenance work mem for pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for this and the other suggestions.  This is exactly what I was looking for.

Deron

On 12/18/07, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Deron escribió:
> I see a lot of suggestions to increase maintenance work mem if running
> pg_restore.  This is to help with the index creation and initial sort from
> what I understand.  A few tests I ran does show this helps.
> Does anyone know if there is a way to only "temporarily" set this setting?
> I have some DBs that are bloated and I have a script to run off hours (I
> don't like working late).  This uses pg_dump and pg_restore to recover the
> disk space.  I found that this is usually faster than 'vacuum full', and is
> useful in some cases.

You can specify it via PGOPTIONS:

$ PGOPTIONS='-c maintenance_work_mem=1GB' psql

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
      \h for help with SQL commands
      \? for help with psql commands
      \q to quit

alvherre=# show maintenance_work_mem ;
maintenance_work_mem
----------------------
1GB
(1 row)

alvherre=# \q

$ psql

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
      \h for help with SQL commands
      \? for help with psql commands
      \q to quit

alvherre=# show maintenance_work_mem ;