Re: Issue with delete

От Holger Jakobs
Тема Re: Issue with delete
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am 24.06.21 um 11:08 schrieb Rohit Rajput:
Good day everyone,

I have few tables where i need to delete above 50 million rows each. Since i dont want to delete them all in one shot and block my table for extended time, i am trying to use limit with delete but its giving me error every time. May i please get some assistance here? Thanks

Here is what i am running:

delete from mytable where id in (select id from mytable where condition=true limit 1000);

where i run this, i get following error:

    Error: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block.
SQL state: 25P02.

I am running it in RDS.

TIA, Best,
Rohit

This message stems from a previous error within the same transaction. Unlike Oracle, PostgreSQL cannot execute commands within a transaction after an error has occurred.

Make sure that this statement is the first in your transaction or use it in autocommit mode.

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012
Вложения