Re: [HACKERS] Logical Replication and Character encoding

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Logical Replication and Character encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01-02-2017 00:05, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> - Subscriber connects with client_encoding specification and the
>   output plugin pgoutput decide whether it accepts the encoding
>   or not. If the subscriber doesn't, pgoutput send data without
>   conversion.

I don't think storage without conversion is an acceptable approach. We
should provide options to users such as ignore tuple or NULL for
column(s) with conversion problem. I wouldn't consider storage data
without conversion because it silently show incorrect data and we
historically aren't flexible with conversion routines.

--   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(hassrf)", File: "nodeProjectSet.c", Line: 180)
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: pg_authid.rolpassword format (was Re: [HACKERS] Passwordidentifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol)