Re: Hosting Account with PostgreSQL and PHP?

От Allan Kamau
Тема Re: Hosting Account with PostgreSQL and PHP?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Andre Lopes <lopes80andre@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have contacted again the support center on a2hosting.com and the answer
> was that is no manual creation of triggers on PostgreSQL, bu the guy have
> send to me a link with MySQL information about the subject,
> https://support.a2hosting.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=500
>
> There are more a2hosting customers here that can create Triggers?
>

> Best Regards,
>

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Andre Lopes <lopes80andre@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have talk with the support. Here is the conversation:
>>
>> [quote]
>> Matt T. - A2 Hosting Support: Hello, how may I help you today?
>> André Lopes: I need to know if a2hosting allows Trigger creation in
>> PostgreSQL databases
>> Matt T. - A2 Hosting Support: Yes but our admins would need to create them
>> for you via a support ticket
>> [/quote]
>>
>> Maybe is for new customers. I will talk again with the support.
>>
>> Thanks.

>>> Where did you hear this? I have a reseller account and I have created
>>> many triggers using pl/pgsql. Are you wanting to create triggers with C or
>>> some other language that requires superuser access?
>>>

>>> John DeSoi, Ph.D.

I have hosted with eApps (http://www.eapps.com/) for a while, they
employ the virtual machine concept using parallels. The developer
category of service plan may you get a "machine" and you get to be
root. PostgreSQL, PHP, Java (including application containers such as
Tomcat and JBoss) and so on are available. I find them reasonably
priced. On the linux server they give you you may further
install/build an software of your choice including maybe another
instance of the latest PostgreSQL.

Allan.