Re: Horizontal scrollbar in email archives

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Horizontal scrollbar in email archives
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 1/8/21 1:45 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 1/8/21 1:41 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:

>>> Oh, so it is a known issue.  Seems fine, though it is kind of odd that
>>> the dropdown doesn't really need all that width.  So, I guess you are
>>> saying the scroll is really based on how much indenting we do --- makes
>>> sense.
>>
>> Hm, so I modify my previous statement slightly now that I actually
>> clicked the URL.
>>
>> The issue in this case is the long CC row and the fact that the contents
>> are in a table. Loosely speaking, the max width of a row in a table is
>> going to set the width of every other row. I may be able to do something
>> here, actually.
>>
>> The comment about the "select" is still true, but it doesn't affect this
>> case (and prevents me from what I think would be a witty reply to "keep
>> email chains shorter" ;)
>>
>> I'll experiment a bit and see if I can make this a bit better.
>
> ...updating my answer yet again, it does appear that there is a CSS
> class on the select that is pushing it to be too large in this case, but
> the good news is that I don't think this will be difficult to modify.
>
> I have to see if I still have a dev environment setup for the
> pgarchives, but outside of that I should be able to push something up
> shortly.

OK this is fixed. You can see it reflected in the original URL[1]. If it
is not showing up in other pages, it is due to those pages being in the
cache (and I don't think it's worth expiring all of the mailing list
pages that are in the cache for this one).

Now, sidescrolling in the message header would/should only occur based
on my original point, i.e. too many people replying to each other on a
particular thread (i.e. a really, really, really long email chain ;)

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20210108155040.GC18394%40momjian.us

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Horizontal scrollbar in email archives
Сообщение: Re: Horizontal scrollbar in email archives