Re: Severe performance degradation when using the 9.2-1000 JDBC 4 driver

От Sérgio Saquetim
Тема Re: Severe performance degradation when using the 9.2-1000 JDBC 4 driver
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Mikko,

Thanks for the support, adding a DNS to the server's IP address in my hosts file solved it, but I'm curious, since I
wasdirectly using my server's IP address in the connection string, there shouldn't be any DNS requests at all. What am
Imissing?

About your suggestions I agree with Dave Cramer, although using Java 7 it's not a problem for me. The best solution
wouldbe number 1.

Thanks again.

Em quinta-feira, 18 de outubro de 2012 06h17min30s UTC-3, Mikko Tiihonen  escreveu:
> I think the DNS lookup is part of the JDBC failover connection patch that I created.
>
> I initially used a InetSocketAddress.getHostString() that does not do any DNS lookups, but since that method was
addedin Java7 I had to revert to getHostName() method which does.