Re: Exporting TBs of data in Oracle schema/database into CSV formatto migrate into PostgreSQL

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Exporting TBs of data in Oracle schema/database into CSV formatto migrate into PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2020-04-24 at 10:35 -0300, Avinash Kumar wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 10:31 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2020-04-24 at 13:28 +0000, Pepe TD Vo wrote:
> > > is a foreign-data wrapper open source?
> >
> > Yes, see the license.
> > The page is https://laurenz.github.io/oracle_fdw/
>
> Was it due to the tricky part of Oracle libraries linking and dependency on Oracle client that you did not plan to
thinkof creating an RPM of it ?

> Not sure if it was discussed before, but what was the reason for Oracle_FDW not being available in PGDG repo ?

No, but rather that there is a plethora of Linux distributions in various versions
on various architectures, and I'd have to create an RPM for any of them
(not to speak of the distributions that use other package managers).

And on Linux it is really easy to build the binaries.

About the PGDB packages, that's not for me to answer.
Perhaps it is not deemed important enough, perhaps there are technical or
license problems.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe