Re: upgrading postgres 7.3.4 to 9.1.9

От Khangelani Gama
Тема Re: upgrading postgres 7.3.4 to 9.1.9
Дата
postgres-xc  ("Joseph Mays" <mays@win.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
I'm not sure you'll get this if you use the 9.1 pg_dump.  In any event, I
think it could be safely ignored if you do so.

> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plperl": No such file or
> directory
> ERROR:  function public.plperl_call_handler() does not exist
> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plperl": No such file or
> directory
> ERROR:  language "plperlu" does not exist

I would use CREATE EXTENSION for plperlu on the 9.1 database before
attempting to restore.

> Because of the above errors I tried the following
>
> /usr/local/pgsql9/bin/createlang -p59999 plperl template1
>
> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not open
> extension control file
> "/usr/local/pgsql9/share/extension/plperl.control": No such file or
> directory

Thanks Kevin, in psql I keep getting the following errors: I saw what it is
explained in
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12136033/install-pl-perl-in-postgresql
But I am not sure if this installation command "yum install perl-devel" will
work without affecting other special setups.

template1=#  CREATE EXTENSION plperl;
ERROR:  could not open extension control file
"/usr/local/pgsql9/share/extension/plperl.control": No such file or
directory
template1=#  CREATE EXTENSION plperlu;
ERROR:  could not open extension control file
"/usr/local/pgsql9/share/extension/plperlu.control": No such file or
directory

Can I try the following , I just don’t want to break other databases already
running on postgres9

Stop all instances from running

./configure  --with-perl --prefix=$PATH
Gmake
Gmake install

And then create an instance, and then pg_restore.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential
information of Argility (Proprietary) Limited and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or dissemination thereof by
anyone
other than the intended addressee is prohibited.If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer
immediately
and destroy the e-mail. Argility (Proprietary) Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no
liability
for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.

Сообщение: Re: Help with PITR WAL Restore and configuration.
Сообщение: Re: Help with PITR WAL Restore and configuration.