Re: Utilisation of get_page_from_raw() in pageinspect

От Jesper Pedersen
Тема Re: Utilisation of get_page_from_raw() in pageinspect
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Ashutosh,

On 06/27/2018 05:01 AM, Ashutosh Sharma wrote:
> Currently, get_page_from_raw() is not used in the pageinspect
> functions for btree and heap to fetch a page image from raw page.
> However, the pageinspect for gin and hash is using it to avoid server
> crash on alignment picky machines with MAXALIGN = 8. Shouldn't we
> start using it in the pageinspect functions for btree and heap as well
> for safety purpose. Thoughts?

Although it is assumed that the functions are called using
get_page_from_raw(), as shown by Peter's tests in adfb81d9e1d, I think
it couldn't hurt to add an extra check, like in bt_page_items_bytea()
and heap_page_items().

I can help with a review.

Best regards,
  Jesper