Re: Should duplicate indexes on same column and same table be allowed?

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: Should duplicate indexes on same column and same table be allowed?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sir,

Suppose an index get corrupted. And you need create a new index
with exact specs and then drop the old index. Is it better to
have a performing corrupted index or not have it at all and temporarily
suffer some performance degradation ?

that was one scenerio which comes to my mind for having duplicate indexes.

Regds
mallah.