Re: pgdump

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: pgdump
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 12/8/06, anuradha devi <anura19@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I have a pgdump.sql file and i want to restore it.The postgreSQL database
> server is running and i issue the command psql -U postgres pgdump.sql in the
> command prompt.
> i get the following error.
> C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin>psql -U postgres pgdump.sql
> psql: could not connect to server: Invalid argument (0x00002726/10022)
>         Is the server running on host "???" and accepting
>         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Hi,

This error means the psql client is not able to connect to the server
that (may or maynot) be running in the machine. Make sure that
the server is running. see if the process postmaster is running.

once the server is running the command to restore is
the command to run a sql script file is :

psql -U postgres -f pgdump.sql

(you missed the -f)

Regds
mallah.