Re: VACUUM FULL does not works.......

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: VACUUM FULL does not works.......
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 12/6/06, asif ali <asif_icrossing@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have a "product" table having 350 records. It takes approx 1.8 seconds to
> get all records from this table. I copies this table to a "product_temp"
> table and run the same query to select all records; and it took 10ms(much
> faster).
>  I did "VACUUM FULL" on "product" table but It did not work.
>
>  I checked the file size of these two tables.
>  "product" table's file size is "32mb" and
>  "product_temp" table's file size is "72k".
>
>  So, it seems that "VACUUM FULL" is not doing anything.
>  Please suggest.

It is desirable that PostgreSQL version be reported in problem descriptions.

Older versions of pgsql had problem of index bloat. It is interesting to
find out why VACUUM FULL does not work in your case(wait for the experts) ,
 but most probably CLUSTERING the table on primary key is going to
solve the query performance problem (temporarily)