Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 3/29/06, Andy Shellam <andy.shellam@mailnetwork.co.uk> wrote:
> If pg_start_backup is used correctly, no data pages will be written to disk
> until pg_stop_backup is called, so this shouldn't be an issue - HOWEVER -
> check that you're excluding your pg_xlog directory (within your database
> directory) from the tar backup as these will be changing.
>

> Whatever archive utility you're using, if a file is being changed at the
> time of reading, it won't be archived correctly.

??????  What you are saying is not in sync with docs

23.3.2. Making a Base Backup
The procedure for making a base backup is relatively simple:

3. Perform the backup, using any convenient file-system-backup tool
such as tar or cpio. It is neither necessary nor desirable to stop
normal operation of the database while you do this.

I used rsync like many others , it seems to work fine for me.

Regds
mallah.

> Andy

Сообщение: Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.
Сообщение: Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.