Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Thanks everyone for the reply,

is it reasonable/advisable to start with the output of
pg_stop_backup() in a shell script to find the WAL
file being discussed, ie the FILE which can be used
as a reference for removing the older files ?

secondly , i was asking about the tool for copying the
database directory not the one for archiving the logs.
when i use tar , it gives warning that the file changed
while it was reading the file, i need a tool that does not
give warning for this kind of activity.

Regds
Rajesh Kumar Mallah.