Is pgdump_all == pg_dumpall -g + pg_dump of individual databases ?

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Is pgdump_all == pg_dumpall -g + pg_dump of individual databases ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi ,

I suppose pgdump_all creates a SQL script
that is capable of recreating the entire database
except for large_objects.

However pgdump_all produces one single large
SQL files and is not useful(easy) if  one has to restore
a particular table.

For this reason we backup our databases individually
using custom format and use pg_restore to restore
individual objects as when required.

My doubt is are the individual database backup files
created through -Fc  options along with an SQL file
created using "pgdump_all -g " sufficient to recreate
the entire database ?

Regds
Mallah.