Re: lib and share are installed differently, but why?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: lib and share are installed differently, but why?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/30/21 3:53 AM, Mario Emmenlauer wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I've been building and using PostgreSQL from source for a few years
> now, thanks for the awesome work!
>
> Since upgrading from 12.5 to 12.8, I've found a problem that I can
> not resolve myself. We build PostgreSQL twice, once to folder A, and
> once to folder B. This is because A is more easily deployable, while
> B holds all our development build targets. The only difference in
> the two builds is the change in `--prefix` for configure. Everything
> else is identical, and both builds start from a clean directory.

What are the complete config commands for each build?

Does clean directory refer to the build directory?

> But I see a difference in the installations:
>   - The contents of `share` go to A/share/ vs B/share/postgresql/
>   - The contents of `lib` go to B/lib vs B/lib/postgresql/

Is that really B/lib or is it A/lib?

To me it looks like in the past a different configuration or install
method was used and you now have a mixed install.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com