Re: INSERT ALL with DML ERROR Logging replacement in PostgreSQL

От Gilles Darold
Тема Re: INSERT ALL with DML ERROR Logging replacement in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le 21/06/2022 à 09:08, Jagmohan Kaintura a écrit :
Hi Team,
We are working on a project where we are moving from Oracle to PostgreSQL and working on a migration tool which mostly have statements for inserting the records which are correct and logging the errors in error table using ORACLE inbuilt statement for INSERT ALL with DML ERROR logging.

As part of the postgresql best practices, what approach are we taking to move these types of statements in Postgresql as we don't have any such equivalent mechanism to load correct data in the main table and error record in error table with error reason.

The statements mostly used are -->
INSERT ALL INTO
target_table
(COLUMN LIST)
VALUES()
LOG ERROR INTO ...
SELECT statement considering the source tables;

)
Can anyone please help me with what could be the best approach to convert this in the tool.

--
Best Regards,
Jagmohan

Hi,