Re: INSERT ALL with DML ERROR Logging replacement in PostgreSQL

От Jagmohan Kaintura
Тема Re: INSERT ALL with DML ERROR Logging replacement in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Gilles,

I was going though this earlier today but didn't compiled it as I read it may not be able to capture the errors if we have below type of statement and most of our statements are of INSERT .. SELECT statements only.

The form INSERT INTO <tablename> SELECT ... will not have the same behavior than in Oracle. It will not stored the successful insert and logged the rows in error. This is not supported because it is a single transaction for PostgreSQL and everything is rolled back in case of error.

Our all statements are of that form will it be still useful.