Re: No postgres on Solaris

От Chris Jones
Тема Re: No postgres on Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Martin A. Marques" <martin@math.unl.edu.ar> writes:

> It occurs either because system limit for the maximum number of
> semaphore sets (SEMMNI), or the system wide maximum number of
> semaphores (SEMMNS), would be exceeded.  You need to raise the
> respective kernel parameter.  Look into the PostgreSQL documentation
> for details.
[...]
> I looked at the FAQ_Solaris, but found nothing on this case. I remember
> making changes to the kernel parameters when I fist installed postgres, but
> can't remember where I found that info.

I don't remember where on the PG site I found this, but this is what
I'm using currently:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0x2000000
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=256
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=256
set semsys:seminfo_semmap=256
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=512
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=512
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=32

These lines are all at the bottom of /etc/system.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                    SRI International, Inc.