No postgres on Solaris

От Martin A. Marques
Тема No postgres on Solaris
Дата
Re: No postgres on Solaris  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: No postgres on Solaris  (oberpwd@anubis.network.com (Wade D. Oberpriller))
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
I have been using Postgres-7.0.2 on Solaris 8 for the past few months, and
was about to upgrade to 7.1-test, and after following carefully the docs, I
get this:

postgres@ultra31:~ > /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=5432004, num=17, 03600) failed: No space left
on
device

This error does *not* mean that you have run out of disk space.

It occurs either because system limit for the maximum number of
semaphore sets (SEMMNI), or the system wide maximum number of
semaphores (SEMMNS), would be exceeded.  You need to raise the
respective kernel parameter.  Look into the PostgreSQL documentation
for details.

postgres@ultra31:~ >

I looked at the FAQ_Solaris, but found nothing on this case. I remember
making changes to the kernel parameters when I fist installed postgres, but
can't remember where I found that info.

Any clues?

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.