plpython.so

От Clodoaldo Pinto Neto
Тема plpython.so
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I had 8.1.4 i386 installed from the FC5 repository.

To upgrade to 8.1.5 I downloaded the srpm from pgsql mirrors and
rebuilt it for i686. Then installed the 8 resulting rpms with yum
update from a local repo.

When I ran the application I had this error:

psql:/fahstats/scripts/sql/fahstats.sql:197: ERROR:  plpython:
function "update_donor_yearly" failed
DETAIL:  exceptions.SystemExit:
psql:/fahstats/scripts/sql/fahstats.sql:140: ERROR:  could not access
file "$libdir/plpython": No such file or directory

I noticed there was no /usr/lib/plpython.so. Then with more attention
i also noticed there was no postgresql-python in the 8 rpms built from
the srpm in the pgsql mirror.

Then I downloaded the postgresql-python rpm from the mirror to the
local repo and tried yum update but it failed with no messages. I did
yum remove postgresql-python and yum install postgresql-python which
worked and installed the new version.

But I'm still with no /usr/lib/plpython.so. What am i missing?

Regards, Clodoaldo Pinto Neto