Re: [HACKERS] ALTER INDEX .. SET STATISTICS ... behaviour

От Adrien Nayrat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ALTER INDEX .. SET STATISTICS ... behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08/30/2017 02:26 PM, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> Patch rebased to current master is attached.

Hello,

I reviewed this patch. It works as expected but I have few remarks :

  * There is a warning during compilation :

gram.y: In function ‘base_yyparse’:
gram.y:2090:6: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
[-Wdeclaration-after-statement]
      AlterTableCmd *n = makeNode(AlterTableCmd);
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I understand we should declare AlterTableCmd *n [...] before "if"?

  * I propose to add "Stats target" information in psql verbose output command
\d+ (patch attached with test)

\d+ tmp_idx
                     Index "public.tmp_idx"
 Column |       Type       | Definition | Storage | Stats target
--------+------------------+------------+---------+--------------
 a      | integer          | a          | plain   |
 expr   | double precision | (d + e)    | plain   | 1000
 b      | cstring          | b          | plain   |
btree, for table "public.tmp"

  * psql completion is missing (added to previous patch)

Regards,

--
Adrien NAYRAT

http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org