Re: [HACKERS] pg_basebackup throttling doesn't throttle as promised

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_basebackup throttling doesn't throttle as promised
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Janes wrote:

> I'm attaching a patch for each option.  Each one independently solves the
> problem.  But I think we should do both.  There is no point in issuing
> unnecessary kill system calls, and there may also be more spurious wake-ups
> than just these ones.

I modified patch 1 a bit -- result attached.  I would like to back-patch
this all the way back to 9.4, but there are a few conflicts due to
c29aff959dc so I think I'm going to do pg10 only unless I get some votes
that it should go further back.  I think it should be fairly trivial to
resolve.

The other patch should be applied to master only IMO.