Re: Postgres 9.5 pg_prewarm

От Simpson, John (IMS)
Тема Re: Postgres 9.5 pg_prewarm
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

You need to create the extension in the database that you want to use it in. From the output that you posted, it looks like you created the extension in the “postgres” database but you tried to use it in the “db” database.

From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Thomas SIMON
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2016 8:59 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Postgres 9.5 pg_prewarm

Hi all,

I have just migrated my db to PG 9.5, an I would like to use pg_prewarm contrib function, but when I want to use it, I have an error message I don't understand :

It should do this :

1.       postgres=# select pg_prewarm('foo');

2.        pg_prewarm

3.       ------------

4.            113278

5.       (1 row)

but it do that :

psql (9.5.0)
postgres=# create extension pg_prewarm;
CREATE EXTENSION

db=# select pg_prewarm('accounts');
ERROR:  function pg_prewarm(unknown) does not exist
LINE 1: select pg_prewarm('accounts');
               ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.

(table accounts exists)

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks,
thomas

--

Thomas

Information in this e-mail may be confidential. It is intended only for the addressee(s) identified above. If you are not the addressee(s), or an employee or agent of the addressee(s), please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender of the error.