Re: Add a description to the documentation that toast_tuple_target affects "Main"

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Add a description to the documentation that toast_tuple_target affects "Main"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2020/10/13 10:40, Kasahara Tatsuhito wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 5:44 PM Shinya Okano <btokanosn@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Regarding the toast_tuple_target parameter of CREATE TABLE, the
>> documentation says that it only affects External or Extended, but it
>> actually affects the compression of Main as well.
>>
>> The attached patch modifies the document to match the actual behavior.
> +1

+1

+      we try to compress long column values or to move into TOAST tables, and

"we try to compress and/or move long column values into TOAST tables, and" is better?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center