Обсуждение: Add a description to the documentation that toast_tuple_target affects "Main"

Add a description to the documentation that toast_tuple_target affects "Main"

От
Shinya Okano
Дата:
Hi,

Regarding the toast_tuple_target parameter of CREATE TABLE, the
documentation says that it only affects External or Extended, but it
actually affects the compression of Main as well.

The attached patch modifies the document to match the actual behavior.

Shinya Okano

Вложения

Re: Add a description to the documentation that toast_tuple_target affects "Main"

От
Kasahara Tatsuhito
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 5:44 PM Shinya Okano <btokanosn@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Regarding the toast_tuple_target parameter of CREATE TABLE, the
> documentation says that it only affects External or Extended, but it
> actually affects the compression of Main as well.
>
> The attached patch modifies the document to match the actual behavior.
+1

Best regards,

--
Tatsuhito Kasahara
kasahara.tatsuhito _at_ gmail.com

Re: Add a description to the documentation that toast_tuple_target affects "Main"

От
Fujii Masao

On 2020/10/13 10:40, Kasahara Tatsuhito wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 5:44 PM Shinya Okano <btokanosn@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Regarding the toast_tuple_target parameter of CREATE TABLE, the
>> documentation says that it only affects External or Extended, but it
>> actually affects the compression of Main as well.
>>
>> The attached patch modifies the document to match the actual behavior.
> +1

+1

+      we try to compress long column values or to move into TOAST tables, and

"we try to compress and/or move long column values into TOAST tables, and" is better?

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters
NTT DATA CORPORATION

Re: Add a description to the documentation that toast_tuple_target affects "Main"

От
Shinya Okano
Дата:
On 2020-10-14 01:30, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On 2020/10/13 10:40, Kasahara Tatsuhito wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 5:44 PM Shinya Okano
>> <btokanosn@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
>>> Regarding the toast_tuple_target parameter of CREATE TABLE, the
>>> documentation says that it only affects External or Extended, but it
>>> actually affects the compression of Main as well.
>>>
>>> The attached patch modifies the document to match the actual
>>> behavior.
>> +1
>
> +1
>
> +      we try to compress long column values or to move into TOAST
> tables, and
>
> "we try to compress and/or move long column values into TOAST tables,
> and" is better?

Thank you everyone for reviews.
I attached the new version of the patch.

On 2020/10/14 16:21, Shinya Okano wrote:
> On 2020-10-14 01:30, Fujii Masao wrote:

>>> +1
>>
>> +1
>>
>> +      we try to compress long column values or to move into TOAST tables, and
>>
>> "we try to compress and/or move long column values into TOAST tables,
>> and" is better?
>
> Thank you everyone for reviews.
> I attached the new version of the patch.

Thanks for updating the patch! Pushed.