Re: invalid data in PID file

От J S B
Тема Re: invalid data in PID file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I deleted postmaster.pid file and got rid of the previous error.
Now its a new error which say something as follows after i try starting my postgres server usring pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/jsbali    :-

postmaster starting
LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.
FATAL:  could not open lock file "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock": Permission denied

Can you please tell me what is this all about?

Jas