Re: Commitfest manager 2020-11

От Anastasia Lubennikova
Тема Re: Commitfest manager 2020-11
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20.10.2020 10:30, gkokolatos@pm.me wrote:

> [...]
PUG,in Stockholm, we held a meetup during which a contributor presented ways to contribute to the community, one of
whichis becoming CFM. So, I thought of picking up the recommendation.

> I have taken little part in CFs as reviewer/author and I have no idea how a CF is actually run. A contributor from
Stockholmhas been willing to mentor me to the part.

> Since you have both the knowledge and specific ideas on improving the CF, how about me assisting you? I could shadow
youand you can groom me to the part, so that I can take the lead to a future CF more effectively.

> This is just a suggestion of course. I am happy with anything that can help the community as a whole.

Even though, I've worked a lot with community, I have never been CFM
before as well. So, I think we can just follow these articles:

https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/blog/managing-a-postgresql-commitfest/
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest_Checklist

Some parts are a bit outdated, but in general the checklist is clear.
I've already requested CFM privileges in pgsql-www and I'm going to
spend next week sending pings and updates to the patches at commitfest.

There are already 219 patches, so I will appreciate if you join me in
this task.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgstat_report_activity() and parallel CREATE INDEX (was: Parallel index creation & pg_stat_activity)
От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: bulk typos