Re: [GENERAL] logical replication in PG10 BETA

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] logical replication in PG10 BETA
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/25/2017 11:09 AM, Igor Neyman wrote:

> __________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>
> Adrian, thanks for trying to help.
>
> Even though the role I'm using (user=repl_user) has REPLICATION attribute,  I thought your question about .pgpass
filewas going to put me on a "right track" because I was not using/didn't have password file.

I may have steered you wrong on this. The more think about it the more I
realize that the server will probably not read the .pgpass file.

> So, I created one proper password file (it works fine when I'm trying to connect through psql with no password).
Unfortunately,it didn't make any difference for CREATE SUBSCRIPTION.

Two options come to mind to test whether the password is the problem:

1) Include the password in the connection string in CREATE SUBSCRIPTION.

2) Change the auth method in pg_hba.conf on the publisher server from
md5 to trust and reload the server.

Neither is optimal, still it is a starting point.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Sam Saffron
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Why is posgres picking a suboptimal plan for this query?
От: Igor Neyman
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] logical replication in PG10 BETA