Re: RHEL-8 Kernel Settings

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: RHEL-8 Kernel Settings
Дата
Re: RHEL-8 Kernel Settings  (Jwiencek3 <jwiencek3@comcast.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 2021-06-10 at 13:06 -0500, John Wiencek wrote:
> I’m looking for assistance in determining kernel setting for a VM RHEL-8 linux server running postgresql-13.
>
> I have 3 server groupings
>
> 1)   2 vcpu’s  8gb memory
> 2)   4 cpu’s 16gb memory
> 3)   8 cpu’s 32gb memory
>
> I’ve read various articles and the PostgreSQL documentation .   Does anyone have practical experiences doing this
kindof set up

> Do kernel setting requirements change based on the number of cpu’s and amount of memory?    I’ve not read any mention
ofthis.

I recommend setting

  vm.overcommit_memory = 2
  vm.overcommit_ratio (the correct value depends on your swap)
  vm.swappiness = 0

Also, disable Transparent Hugepages.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump directory format and proper ordering
От: Johannes Truschnigg
Сообщение: Re: RHEL-8 Kernel Settings