Re: User documentation vs Official Docs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Дата
Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Список pgsql-general
On 07/16/2018 04:33 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

>> First, my assumption is that this project would be done within the
>> .Org infrastructure and if the community thinks that we should just
>> use DocBook that is certainly an option (although adhering to
>> something like Docbook Simple may be best).
>
> All the above is cool and everything, but is putting the cart before
> the horse. To me to make this work the following needs to happen:
>
> 1) Create an editorial board. This group of people would determine the
> answers to the questions above. They would also develop the framework
> for what needs covered. This would be based on what users want to see.
> Then a call for contributors could be made.
>
> 2) The other thing the editorial board would do is create list of
> qualified peer reviewers. These folks would then review the
> contributions and give feedback. On successfully passing a review a
> contribution would go into the documentation.
>
> 3) Some combination of the editorial board/peer reviewers/other
> volunteers would periodically go over existing documentation to
> remove/update stale content.

I did it! Want to help? I think if we got together 5-7 people and came
up with a proposal we could submit to -www/-core and get some buy in.

JD

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****

Сообщение: Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Сообщение: Re: User documentation vs Official Docs