Re: Listing triggers in partitions (was Re: Remove mention in docsthat foreign keys on partitioned tables)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Listing triggers in partitions (was Re: Remove mention in docsthat foreign keys on partitioned tables)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Listing triggers in partitions (was Re: Remove mention in docsthat foreign keys on partitioned tables)  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Ответы Re: Listing triggers in partitions (was Re: Remove mention in docsthat foreign keys on partitioned tables)  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/28/18 22:52, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Couldn't psql chase the pg_depend links to find inherited triggers?
>
> Yeah, I thought this would be exceedingly ugly, but apparently it's not
> *that* bad -- see the attached patch, which relies on the fact that
> triggers don't otherwise depend on other triggers.  We don't use this
> technique elsewhere in psql though.

Yeah, relying on pg_depend to detect relationships between catalog
objects is a bit evil.  We do use this for detecting sequences linked to
tables, which also has its share of problems.  Ideally, there would be a
column in pg_trigger, perhaps, that makes this link explicit.  But we
are looking here for a solution without catalog changes, I believe.