Re: Listing triggers in partitions (was Re: Remove mention in docsthat foreign keys on partitioned tables)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Listing triggers in partitions (was Re: Remove mention in docsthat foreign keys on partitioned tables)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Listing triggers in partitions (was Re: Remove mention in docsthat foreign keys on partitioned tables)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Ответы Re: Listing triggers in partitions (was Re: Remove mention in docsthat foreign keys on partitioned tables)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Jun-28, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On 6/27/18 23:01, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Another angle is that we're already in beta3 and there may be concerns
> > about altering catalog definition this late in the cycle.  Anybody?
> > Maybe psql can just match tgisinternal triggers by name, and if one
> > match occurs then we assume it's a clone that should be listed as a
> > partition trigger.
>
> Couldn't psql chase the pg_depend links to find inherited triggers?

Yeah, I thought this would be exceedingly ugly, but apparently it's not
*that* bad -- see the attached patch, which relies on the fact that
triggers don't otherwise depend on other triggers.  We don't use this
technique elsewhere in psql though.

I admit I'm inclined to go this route mostly because it's simpler.

Вложения