[BUGS] No INSTALL file in git repo, inaccuracy in readme file

От Emil Marklund
Тема [BUGS] No INSTALL file in git repo, inaccuracy in readme file
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
============================================================================                       POSTGRESQL BUG
REPORTTEMPLATE

Your name        : Emil Marklund
Your email address    : eeemil@cs.umu.se

System Configuration:
--------------------- Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)        : Intel i7 3770k
 Operating System (example: Linux 2.4.18)    : Linux 3.13.0-113
 PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL 10devel):  PostgreSQL 10devel
(latest git as of friday 28 april 16:18 utc)
 Compiler used (example: gcc 3.3.5)        : gcc 4.8.4

I could not find any installation instructions in the source tree, even
though the README said there would be a file named INSTALL in them

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a
1. Be a new user

2. Download the git repository from
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git

3. Follow the instructions from the Readme

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:
Update your documentation to be more suitable for new users.

Perhaps make a suitable readme file with informative headers, e.g.

# Postgres

Is a DBMS with features and stuff

# Build instructions

See online at...

# Contribution

Please do it this way...

# Bugs, etc

Send an email to...

P.S.

I eventually found build instructions online, but that is not important :)

--

Vänligen
Emil Marklund