[BUGS] BUG #14635: Query is executed slower on hot standby slave databasethen on master database

От vgomenyuk@callfire.com
Тема [BUGS] BUG #14635: Query is executed slower on hot standby slave databasethen on master database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      14635
Logged by:          Vitaliy Gomenyuk
Email address:      vgomenyuk@callfire.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.14
Operating system:   CentOS 6

Hello,

We have two equal servers (CPU, RAM, HDD).
We are using Postgresql 9.2.14 currently.
Have setup master-slave streaming replication.

Running next query at master and slave databases:
explain analyze SELECT "om".* FROM "Table" AS "om" WHERE (om."UserID" =
11111) AND (NOT om."Deleted") AND (om."Status" = 0) ORDER BY "StampToSend"
asc LIMIT 11;
An execution plans are the same on master and slave databases.

An execution time on master database: 138.116 ms
An execution time on hot standby slave database with working replication:
1623.496 ms
An execution time on slave database with turned off replication (after
creating trigger file): 132.354 ms (equal to an execution time on master
database).

Why there is so huge difference in execution time between Postgresql with
and without working streaming replication?
How to improve the situation: to make an execution time on Hot standby slave
dtabase with working replication equeal to master database?

Need help. Thanks.

Vitaliy