Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22.09.23 03:12, Michael Paquier wrote:
> It has been mentioned a few times now that, as Meson has been
> integrated in the tree, the next step would be to get rid of the
> custom scripts in src/tools/msvc/ and moving forward only support
> Meson when building with VS compilers.  As far as I understand, nobody
> has sent a patch to do that yet, so here is one.
>
> Please find attached a patch to move the needle in this sense.

Your patch still leaves various mentions of Mkvcbuild.pm and Project.pm
in other files, including in

config/perl.m4
meson.build
src/bin/pg_basebackup/Makefile
src/bin/pgevent/meson.build
src/common/Makefile
src/common/meson.build
src/interfaces/libpq/Makefile
src/port/Makefile

A few of these comments are like "see $otherfile for the reason", which
means that if we delete $otherfile, we should move that information to a
new site somehow.