Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned index

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 11, 2024 at 09:35:24PM +0100, Ilya Gladyshev wrote:
> It is broken in master, I just didn’t want to create a separate
> thread, but it can be fixed independently. As I remember, the
> problem is that progress is tracked for each table in the hierarchy
> as if the table is processed separately, without ever setting
> partitions_total and partitions_done counters.

Please let's move this point to its own thread and deal with it with
an independent patch.  Hiding that in a thread that's already quite
long is not a good idea.  This needs proper review, and a separate
thread with a good subject to describe the problem will attract a
better audience to deal with the problem you are seeing.

I was not paying much attention, until you've mentioned that this was
an issue with HEAD.
--
Michael

Вложения