Re: Vacuum ERRORs out considering freezing dead tuples from before OldestXmin

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Vacuum ERRORs out considering freezing dead tuples from before OldestXmin
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 22, 2024 at 10:37:17AM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2024-07-22 13:16:49 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Laziness would have been not bothering to develop a TAP test for this
>> at all. Going to the trouble of creating one and not being able to
>> make it as fast or as stable as everybody would like is just being
>> human.
>
> Yea, I think calling weeks of effort by Melanie lazy is, uhm, not kind.

FWIW, I'm really impressed by what she has achieved here by Melanie,
fixing a hard bug while hacking a crazily-complicated test to make it
reproducible.  This has an incredible amount of value in the long-run.

> It's not like somebody else had a great suggestion for how to do this in a
> better way either.

Sawada-san and John are the two ones in the best position to answer
that.  I'm not sure either how to force a second index pass, either.
Hmm.  An idea would be to manipulate the TIDStore stack under the
injection points switch?  This is run by the CI and some buildfarm
members already.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Add privileges test for pg_stat_statements to improve coverage
Сообщение: Re: Add privileges test for pg_stat_statements to improve coverage