Re: Vacuum ERRORs out considering freezing dead tuples from before OldestXmin

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Vacuum ERRORs out considering freezing dead tuples from before OldestXmin
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Sawada-san and John are the two ones in the best position to answer
> that.  I'm not sure either how to force a second index pass, either.

Yeah, I think we've established that having some way to force that,
without using a huge test case, would be really desirable.  Maybe
just provide a way to put an artificial limit on how many tuples
processed per pass?

(And no, I wasn't trying to rag on Melanie.  My point here is that
we've failed to design-in easy testability of this code path, and
that's surely not her fault.)