Re: Pluggable cumulative statistics

От Bertrand Drouvot
Тема Re: Pluggable cumulative statistics
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2024 at 08:28:56AM +0000, Bertrand Drouvot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jul 09, 2024 at 03:54:37PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 08, 2024 at 02:07:58PM +0000, Bertrand Drouvot wrote:
> > > It looks pretty straightforward, just one comment:
> > >
> > > +                       ptr = ((char *) ctl) + kind_info->shared_ctl_off;
> > > +                       kind_info->init_shmem_cb((void *) ptr);
> > >
> > > I don't think we need to cast ptr to void when calling init_shmem_cb(). Looking
> > > at some examples in the code, it does not look like we cast the argument to void
> > > when a function has (void *) as parameter (also there is examples in 0003 where
> > > it's not done, see next comments for 0003).
> >
> > Yep.  Fine by me.
>
> Thanks!
>

> > Please find attached a rebased patch set for now, to make the
> > CF bot happy.
>
> v5-0001 LGTM.
>
> As far v5-0002:
>
> +                                               goto error;
> +                                       info = pgstat_get_kind_info(kind);
>
> Nit: add an empty line between the two?
>
> Except this Nit, v5-0002 LGTM.

Oh, and also due to this change in 0002:

                switch (t)
                {
+                       case PGSTAT_FILE_ENTRY_FIXED:
+                               {

Then this comment:

    /*
     * We found an existing statistics file. Read it and put all the hash
     * table entries into place.
     */
    for (;;)
    {
        int         t = fgetc(fpin);

        switch (t)
        {
            case PGSTAT_FILE_ENTRY_FIXED:
                {

is not correct anymore (as we're not reading the stats only into the hash table
anymore).

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot