Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 01, 2024 at 10:51:24PM +0300, Dmitry Koval wrote:
> Hi!
>
> 30.04.2024 23:15, Justin Pryzby пишет:
> > Is this issue already fixed ?
> > I wasn't able to reproduce it.  Maybe it only happened with earlier
> > patch versions applied ?
>
> I think this was fixed in commit [1].
>
> [1] https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/fcf80c5d5f0f3787e70fca8fd029d2e08a923f91

I tried to reproduce it at fcf80c5d5f~, but couldn't.
I don't see how that patch would fix it anyway.
I'm hoping Alexander can confirm what happened.

The other remaining issues I'm aware of are for EXCLUDING STATISTICS and
refusing to ALTER if the owners don't match.

Note that the error that led to "EXCLUDING IDENTITY" is being discused
over here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3b8a9dc1-bbc7-0ef5-6863-c432afac7d59@gmail.com

It's possible that once that's addressed, the exclusion should be
removed here, too.

--
Justin