Re: Injection points: some tools to wait and wake

От Bertrand Drouvot
Тема Re: Injection points: some tools to wait and wake
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 26, 2024 at 12:57:09PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 08:00:24AM +0000, Bertrand Drouvot wrote:
> > +/* Maximum number of wait usable in injection points at once */
> >
> > s/Maximum number of wait/Maximum number of waits/ ?
>
> Thanks.  I've edited a few more places while scanning the whole.

Thanks!

> > 2 ===
> >
> > +# Check the logs that the restart point has started on standby.  This is
> > +# optional, but let's be sure.
> > +my $log = slurp_file($node_standby->logfile, $logstart);
> > +my $checkpoint_start = 0;
> > +if ($log =~ m/restartpoint starting: immediate wait/)
> > +{
> > +       $checkpoint_start = 1;
> > +}
> > +is($checkpoint_start, 1, 'restartpoint has started');
> >
> > what about?
> >
> > ok( $node_standby->log_contains( "restartpoint starting: immediate wait", $logstart),
> >     "restartpoint has started");
>
> And I'm behind the commit that introduced it (392ea0c78fdb).

;-)

> It is
> possible to remove the dependency to slurp_file() entirely by
> switching the second location checking the logs for the checkpoint
> completion.

Yeah right.

> > Except for the above, v3 looks good to me.
>
> Thanks.  I'm looking at applying that at the beginning of next week if
> there are no more comments, to get something by the feature freeze.
> We could be more flexible for all that as that's related to testing,
> but let's be in the clear.

Sounds reasonable to me.

> I've also renamed the test to 041_checkpoint_at_promote.pl, as now
> that the original is fixed, the checkpoint is not invalid.  That's
> cleaner this way.

Agree.

I'll try to submit the POC patch in [1] before beginning of next week now that
we're "just waiting" if there is more comments on this current thread.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ZdTNafYSxwnKNIhj%40ip-10-97-1-34.eu-west-3.compute.internal

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Сообщение: Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query
Сообщение: Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query