Re: "ERROR: could not open relation with OID 16391" error was encountered when reindexing

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: "ERROR: could not open relation with OID 16391" error was encountered when reindexing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 12:54:26AM +0800, feichanghong wrote:
>> This is extremely nonspecific, as line numbers in our code change
>> constantly.  Please quote a chunk of code surrounding that
>> and indicate which line you are trying to stop at.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, I've refined the steps below to reproduce:

Yeah, thanks for the steps.  I am not surprised that there are still a
few holes in this area.  CONCURRENTLY can behave differently depending
on the step where the old index is getting opened.

For this specific job, I have always wanted a try_index_open() that
would attempt to open the index with a relkind check, perhaps we could
introduce one and reuse it here?
--
Michael

Вложения