Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()
Дата
Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 01:50:34PM +0900, torikoshia wrote:
> PGSTAT_KIND_SLRU cannot be reset by pg_stat_reset_shared(), so I feel
> uncomfortable to delete it all together.
> It might be better after pg_stat_reset_shared() has been modified to take
> 'slru' as an argument, though.

Not sure how to feel about that, TBH, but I would not include SLRUs
here if we have already a separate function.

> I thought it would be better to reset statistics even when null is specified
> so that users are not confused with the behavior of pg_stat_reset_slru().
> Attached patch added pg_stat_reset_shared() in system_functions.sql mainly
> for this reason.

I'm OK with doing what your patch does, aka do the work if the value
is NULL or if there's no argument given.

-        Resets some cluster-wide statistics counters to zero, depending on the
+        Resets cluster-wide statistics counters to zero, depending on the

This does not need to change, aka SLRUs are for example still global
and not included here.

+        If the argument is NULL or not specified, all counters shown in all
+        of these views are reset.

Missing a <literal> markup around NULL.  I know, we're not consistent
about that, either, but if we are tweaking the area let's be right at
least.  Perhaps "all the counters from the views listed above are
reset"?
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: make pg_ctl more friendly
Сообщение: Re: make pg_ctl more friendly