Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()

От torikoshia
Тема Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 10:10:39AM +0900, torikoshia wrote:
> I'll attach the patch.
Attached.

On Mon, Nov 6, 2023 at 5:30 PM Bharath Rupireddy
> 3. I think the new reset all stats function must also consider
> resetting all SLRU stats, no?
>     /* stats for fixed-numbered objects */
>     PGSTAT_KIND_ARCHIVER,
>     PGSTAT_KIND_BGWRITER,
>     PGSTAT_KIND_CHECKPOINTER,
>     PGSTAT_KIND_IO,
>     PGSTAT_KIND_SLRU,
>     PGSTAT_KIND_WAL,

PGSTAT_KIND_SLRU cannot be reset by pg_stat_reset_shared(), so I feel
uncomfortable to delete it all together.
It might be better after pg_stat_reset_shared() has been modified to
take 'slru' as an argument, though.

On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 1:13 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> It's not like oids are a precious resource. It's a more confusing API
> to have
> to have to specify a NULL as an argument than not having to do so. If
> we
> really want to avoid a separate oid, a more sensible path would be to
> add a
> default argument to pg_stat_reset_slru() (by doing a CREATE OR REPLACE
> in
> system_functions.sql).

Currently proisstrict is true and pg_stat_reset_shared() returns null
without doing any work.
I thought it would be better to reset statistics even when null is
specified so that users are not confused with the behavior of
pg_stat_reset_slru().
Attached patch added pg_stat_reset_shared() in system_functions.sql
mainly for this reason.

--
Regards,

--