Re: Call pqPipelineFlush from PQsendFlushRequest

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Call pqPipelineFlush from PQsendFlushRequest
Дата
Re: Call pqPipelineFlush from PQsendFlushRequest  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 07, 2023 at 10:38:04AM +0100, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> In pipeline mode after queuing a message to be sent we would flush the
> buffer if the size of the buffer passed some threshold. The only message
> type that we didn't do that for was the Flush message. This addresses
> that oversight.
>
> I noticed this discrepancy while reviewing the
> PQsendSyncMessage/PQpipelinePutSync patchset.

Indeed, it looks a bit strange that there is no flush if the buffer
threshold is reached once the message is sent, so your suggestion
sounds right.  Alvaro?
--
Michael

Вложения